Since I know classical music is boring, let me sum up.
- Asshole’s phone rings during the dénouement of a very dramatic symphony.
- Conductor Alan Gilbert notices.
- Cell phone does not stop.
- Alan Gilbert stops the music (which almost never happens. I have seen people carried out of operas on stretchers while the show was still going on uninterrupted).
- Alan Gilbert finds out whose phone it is and refuses to continue until said gentleman confirms that he has, in fact, turned the phone all the way off.
- Audience cheers.
Symphonies are the BEST, you guys.